Who is ASTD-Orange County?
The American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) is a national organization dedicated to the professional development of those in the training and organizational development fields.
Founded in the late 1960's, ASTD-Orange County Chapter (ASTD-OC) serves the Orange County and surrounding areas of Southern California. We serve our members by providing a robust environment in which they can network, learn, and develop their careers.
ASTD-Orange County is a not-for-profit organization, operated and sustained by our members.
(Not a member yet? Join us!)
Code of Ethics
The Code of Ethics, adopted from ASTD National, provides guidance to individuals to be self-managed workplace learning and performance professionals. Clients and employers should expect the highest possible standard of personal integrity, professional competence, sound judgment and discretion. Developed by the profession for the profession, the Code of Ethics is the public declaration of workplace learning and performance professionals' obligations to themselves, their profession, and society.
I strive to:
- recognize the rights and dignities of each individual
- develop human potential
- provide my employer, clients, and learners with the highest level quality education, training, and development
- comply with all copyright laws and the laws and regulations governing my position
- keep informed of pertinent knowledge and competence in the workplace learning and performance field
- maintain confidentiality and integrity in the practice of my profession
- support my peers and to avoid conduct which impedes their practicing their profession
- conduct myself in an ethical and honest manner
- improve the public understanding of workplace learning and performance
- fairly and accurately represent my workplace learning and performance credentials, qualifications, experience, and ability
- contribute to the continuing growth of the profession.