Be part of a team that has fun creating an awesome website. Help ensure that ASTDOC’s website content is relevant, timely, easy to find, and integrates effectively with other chapter communications, including social media, meeting announcements, e-newsletters, and so on. Help develop and implement recommendations to improve the website’s ability to meet the needs of our members, advertisers, and the professional community at large.
You will work with our website management software, Wild Apricot, which is easy to use and has excellent support through an agreement with ASTD National. Previous experience with Wild Apricot is not required, but some experience with web tools is preferred. Position reports to the Website Content Manager under the Vice President of Technology.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with three to five other members of the Website Team to plan, develop, and post website content according to schedule.
- Help recruit and train other team members as needed.
- With Website Content Manager, maintain documentation of website processes and procedures.
- Strong interest in learning and working with web tools; previous experience preferred.
- Strong writing, editing, and visual communication aptitude.
- Time commitment/responsibility (approximately 10-15 hours per month).
- Financial Scope
- No budgetary responsibility is involved in this position.
- No supervisory responsibility is involved with this position.
- Skills and other professional skills to be gained
The role of Website Team Member will build your knowledge of web tools and technologies. You will learn how to create and maintain an effective online presence – which is increasingly important as the practice of learning and development continues to move online. Also, because an effective website is vital to our chapter, being on the Website Team means opportunity for visibility and for expanding your professional network.
Kathleen Ashelford, Vice President, Technology