Who is ATD-Orange County?
The Association for Talent Development (ATD; and formerly known as American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)) is a national organization dedicated to the professional development of those in the training and organizational development fields.
If you are a talent development professional, you are ATD-OC. Our association is a result of the dedicated professionals involved. It is evolving as rapidly as talent development. If you’re not a member, then we are missing a valuable piece of our organization.
We are dedicated to your career, knowledge, and success. Your involvement is your key to all the organization has to offer.
ATD-Orange County members have a broad range of experience. Approximately half of our membership are "internal" employees, responsible for the professional development of employees within the company with whom the member is employed.
Founded in the 1940s, the Association for Talent Development (ATD, formerly known as the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)) is an international organization comprised of over 40,000 members who are dedicated to the professional development of those in the training and organizational development fields. That's the National organization, what about our local group
(Not a member yet? Join us!)
ATD and ATD-OC Code of Ethics
The Code of Ethics, provides guidance to individuals to be self-managed workplace learning and performance professionals. Clients and employers should expect the highest possible standard of personal integrity, professional competence, sound judgment and discretion. Developed by the profession for the profession, the Code of Ethics is the public declaration of workplace learning and performance professionals' obligations to themselves, their profession, and society.
I strive to:
- Recognize the rights and dignities of each individual
- Develop human potential
- Provide my employer, clients, and learners with the highest level quality education, training, and development
- Comply with all copyright laws and the laws and regulations governing my position
- Keep informed of pertinent knowledge and competence in the workplace learning and performance field
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity in the practice of my profession
- Support my peers and to avoid conduct which impedes their practicing their profession
- Conduct myself in an ethical and honest manner
- Improve the public understanding of workplace learning and performance
- Fairly and accurately represent my workplace learning and performance credentials, qualifications, experience, and ability
- Contribute to the continuing growth of the profession