With more than 2,200 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated corporate staff that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Instructional Designer to be based out of our corporate office in Glendale, CA.
Reporting to the Vice President of Learning & Development, the Instructional Designer will design, develop, implement training metrics, and maintain engaging, competency-based, and blended learning programs and strategies. The Instructional Designer will be responsible for planning, executing and managing instructional design projects by leveraging internal and/or vendor resources using effective project management tools and methods.
This position will primarily review, maintain, update, and revise existing customized courses using instructional design models, interactive blended learning, behavioral objectives, and performance measures. This individual will be part of a team that supports the company's learning and development initiatives.
- Update and maintain all current training program and materials in order to meet the development and growth needs of the company by:
− Constantly reviewing all training materials and information for accuracy and consistency.
− Collaborating with Field and Corporate staff to ensure training materials are relevant and easy to use for all levels of implementation
− Troubleshooting existing programs to determine clarity and effectiveness.
- Designs, develops and implements instructional elements for instructor-led and online training materials. Provides design plans for training materials, participant guides, facilitator guides, job aids, storyboards for all training materials and evaluation strategies.
- Manage multiple learning projects and additional resources required to design and deliver learning solutions.
- Collaborate with learners and subject matter experts to determine course structure, project goals, scope definitions, media needs and knowledge based content to create and design learning tools.
- Develop and implement learning metrics to assess the effectiveness and business impact of instructional media elements developed.
- Facilitate learning programs as necessary to support corporate training initiatives
- A Bachelor's degree in Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, Training and Development or a related field.
- Minimum 7+ years' experience in design and creation of instructional materials.
- Ability to apply instructional design theories and adult learning principles in the design and development of blended learning approaches and solutions.
- Working knowledge of web development tools (Macromedia Flash#, authoring tools #Captivate, Camtasia#, e-learning technologies/platforms #CSS, HTML, HTML5), SCORM based publishing tools and Adobe PhotoShop. Experience with animation design tools is desirable.
- Ability to work in a matrix organizational structure, developing strong relationships with all levels of management while meeting operational goals.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Ability to work within very tight resources and deadlines.
- Strong communication, writing, presentation and training skills. Public speaking/facilitation skills and training delivery experience preferred. Experience in teaching management and/or leadership courses is desirable.
- Ability to travel to support the training initiatives.
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online: publicstoragejobs.com/work-for-public-storage.asp
Job Reference #143951