The Training Manager directs the design, planning and implementation of business unit training programs, policies, and procedures to ensure optimal employee performance. This position will support the training and development operations and will be expected to support site orientations, training classes, and proctor craft skills assessments per required standards.
- Build, develop and manage training department for effective implementation of policies and procedures
- Collaborate with other departments for training requirements, data capture, and management of metrics and reporting
- Work with regional operation teams to identify current policies and procedures and adopt, modify or rewrite in accordance with best practices
- Develop requirements and framework, as required, for a comprehensive database in order to track training, certification, qualification, etc.
- Develop and implement standardized training programs for various disciplines
- Approve new training techniques and suggests enhancements to existing training programs
- Develop and implement training matrices and ensure participation and compliance
- Ensure that training and testing documents are accurately, consistently and properly documented and maintained
- Effectively schedules training to ensure client needs and regulatory requirements are met
- Works with key management personnel, team and project leaders to facilitate organization learning and process/performance improvement
- Report progress against planned activities in a timely and concise manner to ensure necessary support is secured from management to achieve objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 10 or more years of experience in oil and gas or related industry is preferred
- Petro-chemical training, fit testing, ISNET experience preferred
- Strong computer skills including operating knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel to offsite locations to provide training
- Knowledge of design, development, and delivery of training and learning events
- Good understanding of engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships in the oil and gas/petrochemical industry
- Must possess strong organizational skills that allow for corrective actions and follow-up commitments to be adhered to
- Must be skilled in providing lectures, hands-on training as well as facilitating workshops
- Must exemplify high safety, ethical, and professional behaviors
- Proven leadership and supervisory capability required
- Ability to effectively manage direct reports to delegate tasks for optimal results
- Must have demonstrated ability to act proactively and independently
- Must have the ability to complete and remain current with site-specific training
- Must have the ability to acquire and maintain a TWIC card
Brinderson LP, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is a full service engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance and turnaround company serving the western United States. Concentrating primarily on energy projects in the private sector, Brinderson serves a broad range of industries, including upstream oil and gas production, gas processing, oil refining, terminals and pipelines, chemicals, renewable energy, and industrial manufacturing. For more details, visit www.brinderson.com
Brinderson offers clients a flexible, single source for their engineering and construction needs. Clients may choose either a single service or multiple integrated services - everything from technical consulting to complete project delivery and ongoing maintenance.
We offer a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401K, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply
Please email your resume to Eric Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org