Under the general direction of the AVC-HR, the Principal HR Training and Organizational Development Analyst formulates, develops and implements a comprehensive staff training and organizational development program in close collaboration with central HR managers. The position researches, designs and develops programs using instructional design theory, expands e-learning, conducts a variety of organizational development services, and coordinates campus implementation of system-wide employee development programs such as the Management Skills Assessment Program. The position will act as lead for training and organizational development staff.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the design, development and implementation of integrated employee development programs to meet organizational needs and to support key divisional and campus initiatives in the areas of employee development, strategic and long range planning, diversity, technology advancements, and new administrative systems.
- Work closely with HR managers to jointly develop a comprehensive employee development curriculum for all levels of the workforce.
- Identify, plan and implement relevant and effective in-person and e-learning training and development programs that align with and support the organization's mission, vision and goals and priorities.
- Consult with campus departments, committees, and all levels of employees to identify current and anticipate future knowledge and skill development needs.
- Utilize analytic techniques to determine skill gaps based on assessments.
- Partner with the Offices of Diversity, Excellence and Equity and Affirmative Action to ensure employee development programs integrate and advance diversity and inclusion principles; to design and develop programming and assessments to further campus diversity goals and principles.
- Design and implement methods to measure program effectiveness.
- Develop assessment instruments for survey needs.
- Oversee instructional delivery conducted by others.
- Develop effective marketing tools for programs and services.
- Provide organizational development services, including consultation, assessment, problem solving, design and implementation of interventions. Initiate and advise management of educational opportunities, team strategies, individual approaches to enhance organizational effectiveness and resolution of issues in close collaboration with HR managers.
- Analyze results of surveys and assessments, and work closely with HR and campus managers to identify strategies to address outcomes.
- Facilitates change management activities for major initiatives.
- Provide campus oversight of local installation of the systemwide Learning Management System (LMS), coordinating closely with UCOP on activities such as planning and analysis of data migration, data loading of course information, development and delivery of training related to LMS functionality, maintaining the integrity of the data housed in the LMS and troubleshooting system issues as required.
- Oversee, monitor and report on compliance related training required and developed by the UC Office of the President that are housed in the LMS such as Sexual Harassment Prevention, Ethics, Conflict of Interest, NSF research regulations and Violence Against Women.
- Represent UCR in systemwide forums that include staff development, training compliance, the LMS and the Management Skills Assessment Program.
- Education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
- Six years' experience in staff learning and development and two years' of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design principles and experience in the design and implementation of in-person and web-based training and development programs to address specific needs.
- Knowledge of organizational development theory and practices. Demonstrated ability to translate knowledge of organizational behavior into practical training and development.
- Outstanding project management skills with demonstrated ability to develop implement and manage large, complex learning development projects. Ability to conduct needs analysis and present results.
- Excellent training, facilitation and internal consultation skills in the areas of leadership, management and professional skills. Strong collaborative, interpersonal skills and relationship management skills, and the ability to achieve results with a diverse population.
- Ability to measure impact of training and development activities on individual and organization performance. Demonstrated research, analytical and problem-solving skills, including the development and maintenance of meaningful metrics.
- Ability to use discretion, exercise good judgment and resourcefulness, tact, diplomacy and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Extensive PC skills to prepare analytical and narrative reports and professional presentations, including advanced knowledge and skill in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Conditions of Employment:
This is a full-time career position. The standard work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The full-time annualized salary range for this position is $53,415 - $95,508. All UCR employees are required, as a condition of employment, to successfully complete a background investigation through the U.S. Dept. of Justice.
Benefits of Belonging:
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. For information about our generous employee benefits package, please visit our website At Your Service:
You may apply for this position by visiting http://jobs.ucr.edu and selecting the browse jobs link. The Principal HR Training and Organizational Development Analyst position number is 201408018046.