OCTA's Emerging Professionals Intern Program is a year-round paid student/intern program. You will gain real world work experience on meaningful projects under the guidance of transportation professional. You will have the opportunity to use problem solving, communication and decision-making skills as you gain valuable work experience. You will also work with a mentor and benefit from career counseling.
As an Emerging Professional, you will be exposed to OCTA's career opportunities in the transportation industry. You will gain deeper awareness of transportation's many facets through your OCTA orientation, projects and teams, and internal networking.
Under direct supervision, you will assist the Training & Development Department with coordinating training materials, planning training events, creating training activities and assisting with data analysis, as well as general administrative duties.
The pay range is from $13.00 - $16.00 per hour depending on your education level. This position is not eligible for employee benefits. The work schedule will consist of approximately 20 hours a week, not to exceed 1,000 hours within a continuous 12 month period.
- Provide support for ongoing training classes: duplicate materials, set up classrooms, enroll people in classes, etc.
- Provide general administrative support: take notes at meetings, maintain supplies, file materials, staff phones, etc.
- Participate as a member of the Training and Development team on a variety of committees and projects.
- Basic training philosophy and human resources concepts a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- AP Style
- Take on “stretch” assignments and tackle new projects.
- Take initiative with little direction.
- Work well with others and as part of a team by building relationships
- Must be detail oriented
- Work in a fast paced office and learn organizational theory a must.
- Perform entry-level professional work.
- Effectively communicate both in writing and verbally
- Currently a full-time college student, Junior, Senior or Graduate, attending a four-year university or college with an emphasis in Human Resources or related field.
- Must be a full-time student maintaining a 2.5 GPA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Intern must conduct themselves in a professional manner.
This position will remain open until filled.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
OCTA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job ID: 2014-1505
Apply online at https://university-octa.icims.com/jobs/1505/college-intern-training-and-development/job