Master your first e-learning project with the highly regarded industry tool:
- Design a storyboard for your e-learning project
- Identify the elements of the Storyline software dashboard
- Develop an e-learning program for your company
- Practice on existing templates from different industries
Articulate® Storyline is among the most popular e-learning authoring tools today. This workshop gives participants practical knowledge in how to use Storyline—an extremely flexible and robust authoring environment for presenting content in a more engaging way.
- How to create high-quality e-learning using Storyline
- Project asset management
- Good naming convention practices
- Visual design principles
- Interaction design
- Conditional navigation and more!
NOTE: Basic understanding of Instructional Design assumed.
What’s In It for Me? (WIIFM)
You’ll develop these skills to take back to the workplace:
Day 1 – Fundamentals of Storyline:
- Basic building blocks of using Articulate® Storyline
- Interactive objects: markers, light boxes, scrolling pane, and more
- Quizzing: templates, free form, and results
Day 2 – Storyboard to Storyline:
- Considerations when preparing a storyboard for development
- Design Thinking and UX Design considerations for treating content
- Themes, master templates, and other global assets
About the Presenter: Kevin Thorn frequently leads Storyline workshops at major training conferences and community of practice meetings.
- In June of this year, Kevin conducted Intermediate Articulate® Storyline training for ATD-SD, one of our Southern California affiliate chapters.
- In May, he participated in an eLearning Panel with ATD’s Memphis chapter.
- In February Kevin spoke on The Art of Storyboarding for ATD, Atlanta chapter.
Chief NuggetHead (NuggetHead Studioz), Kevin Thorn, is an award-winning eLearning designer with over 20 years’ experience in the training industry. And, in 2015 Kevin is celebrating a partnership with Training Magazine to teach Articulate® Storyline.
After retiring from the Army as a trainer, Kevin earned a Technology Management degree (Christian Brothers University) in pursuit of an IT career. When his interest in technology mashed with his passion for visual design, along with his experience in training, he founded NuggetHead Studioz, LLC.
The Studioz is a custom design and development company providing services in instructional design, storyboarding, eLearning, Articulate Storyline training, illustration, graphic design, storytelling, cartooning and comics.
Kevin can be found around learning communities on Twitter as @LearnNuggets, or at NuggetHead Blog where he writes opinions, reviews, and tutorials. For more information on Kevin and his service offerings, go to: www.nuggethead.net
*Includes ATD-LA, ATD-SD, ATD -IE, ISPI-OC & ISPI-LA
REGISTER EARLY—SAVE $50!
Register by Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2015
National University, Costa Mesa Campus, 3390 Harbor Blvd., Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(SE Corner of Harbor and Sunflower, off 405 FWY. FREE parking. Large lot, easy access.)
Questions? Contact our Workshop Manager, LaVasha Cain-Lobbins: email@example.com